Here is an article by Jacques Bughin, James Manyika, and Tanguy Catlin — offering an introduction to an abundance of invaluable material in the McKinsey Quarterly, published by McKinsey & Company. To read the complete article, check out others, learn more about the firm, and sign up for email alerts, please click here.
* * *
We illustrate these insights with up-to-date 2018 data from an annual series of global market research surveys conducted since 2015 that explore corporate practices in light of digitization. We have chosen to focus on the business and management aspects of digitization, but acknowledge, as we have made clear in much of our research, that digitization has broader effects notably on the future of work and on societal welfare.
Ten insights can help leaders navigate this new digital world.
- Large economic potential is linked to digitization—and much of it yet to be captured
- Digital superstars are rising far beyond the US big four and China’s big three
- Digital natives are calling the shots
- Digital changes everything—even industry boundaries
- Agile is the new way to compete
- Playing the platform economy is an “in the money” option
- Self-cannibalization and innovation are a necessity for digital reinvention
- Going after the right M&A is key
- Effective management of digital transformation is vital—but challenging
- Leveraging, and transitioning from, digital to new frontier technologies is an imperative
Download the full briefing note, Twenty-five years of digitization: Ten insights into how to play it right (PDF–179KB) for additional details behind each insight.
* * *
Here is a direct link to the article.