Surveys by firms such as Gallup and Towers Watson indicate that, in organizations where the percentage of positive and productively engaged workers is highest, people feel that
1. They and their work have value
2. Others appreciate them and what they do
3. Others care about them as people
4. Their career opportunities are based on performance
5. Promotions are based on merit
6. They can respect and trust their supervisor
7. Help will always be there when they need it
These feelings will determine the nature and extent of employee engagement in any organization, whatever its size and nature may be.
What do you think?