2. What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
3. Three logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks, “Do all of you want a drink?”
The first logician says “I don’t know.”
The second logician says “I don’t know.”
The third logician says “Yes!”
4. Einstein, Newton, and Pascal are playing hide and go seek. It’s Einstein’s turn to count so he covers his eyes and starts counting to ten. Pascal runs off and hides. Newton draws a one-meter by one-meter square on the ground in front of Einstein then stands in the middle of it. Einstein reaches ten and uncovers his eyes. He sees Newton immediately and exclaims “Newton! I found you! You’re it”
Newton smiles and says “You didn’t find me, you found a Newton over a square meter. You found Pascal!”
5. A mathematician and an engineer agreed to take part in an experiment. They were both placed in a room and at the other end was a beautiful naked woman on a bed. The experimenter said every 30 seconds they would be allowed to travel half the distance between themselves and the woman. The mathematician said “This is pointless” and stormed off. The engineer agreed to go ahead with the experiment anyway. The mathematician exclaimed on his way out, “Don’t you see you’ll never actually reach her?” To which the engineer replied, “So what? Pretty soon I’ll be close enough for all practical purposes!”
6. A Roman walks into a bar and asks for a martinus.
“You mean a martini?” the bartender asks.
The Roman replies, “If I wanted a double, I would have asked for it!”
7. Another Roman walks into a bar, holds up two fingers, and says, “Five beers, please”.
8. A logician’s wife is having a baby. The doctor immediately hands the newborn to the dad.
His wife asks impatiently: “So, is it a boy or a girl?”
The logician replies: “Yes”.
9. Jean-Paul Sartre is sitting at a French cafe, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness. He says to the waitress, “I’d like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream.” The waitress replies, “I’m sorry, Monsieur, but we’re out of cream. How about with no milk?”
10. Entropy isn’t what it used to be.
11. How can you tell the difference between a chemist and a plumber? Ask them to pronounce “unionized”.
12. Why do engineers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because Oct 31 = Dec 25
13. Pavlov is sitting at a pub enjoying a pint, the phone rings and he jumps up shouting “Oh shit, I forgot to feed the dog!”
14. Helium walks into a bar and orders a beer, the bartender says, “sorry, we don’t serve noble gases here.” He doesn’t react.
15. Schrodinger’s cat walks into a bar. And doesn’t.
16. A Buddhist monk approaches a hotdog stand and says, “Make me one with everything.”
17. A Higgs Boson walks into a church and the priest says, “We don’t allow Higgs Bosons in here.” The Higgs Boson then replies, “But without me, how could you have mass?”
18. The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.
The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.
19. There’s a band called 1023MB. They haven’t had any gigs yet.
* * *
Charlie Roark is a recent college grad trying to make it in NYC. Born in a small suburban town, his thirst for success brought him to the big city, where he spends his days interning for multiple companies and trying to set himself apart from every other person with the exact same story as him.Tags: Albert Einstein, Blaise Pascal Jean-Paul Sartre, Charlie Roark’s collection of 19 Jokes that "Only Intellectuals Will Understand”, Erwin Schrödinger, Isaac Newton, Ivan Pavlov